Penut Butter and Chocolate Mousse
Triple Chocolate Macadamia Nut Truffles
25 Dry Roasted Macadamia Nuts
8 oz White Chocolate baking chips (ie, Lily’s stevia sweetened)
2 oz Avocado oil
1 cup Heavy Cream
14 oz Semi-Sweet (45%) No Sugar Chocolate chips
4 oz Sweet Butter
1 tbsp Vanilla extract
20 oz Milk Chocolate (35%) No Sugar/Stevia Sweetened chips
Make the ganache:
1. Heat heavy whipping cream until simmering, before boiling.
2. Remove from heat and add butter, and vanilla. Stir until butter melts and ingredients are incorporated.
3. Place semi-sweet chocolate chips in bowl and pour hot cream mixture over the top. Do not stir!!!
4. Leave the warm cream alone for 60 seconds, without stirring.
5. After 1 minute; Whisk/stir cream chocolate mixture until fully incorporated (3-5 minutes)
6. Pour contents into a sealable container, cover and allow to cool and set overnight. (My ganache set without putting it inside the refrigerator)
Cover macadamia nuts with white chocolate:
1. Pre heat oven to 350 degrees (F)
2. Place macadamia nuts on sheet pan and roast until golden brown. (10-12 minutes) Remove from oven and let cool.
3. In a microwave safe bowl melt white chocolate chips in microwave for 1 minute on high. Stir chips. If not melted completely return to microwave and melt in 20 second increments until melted and smooth.
4. Once melted add avocado oil to melted white chocolate and stir until mixed completely.
5. Dip each macadamia nut into melted white chocolate.
6. Place on silicone (or parchment paper) covered sheet pan.
7. Place tray in fridge to let chocolate set.
Cover white chocolate nuts with ganache:
1. Next day; scoop and portion your ganache using a 1 oz ice cream scoop. Place on parchment paper covered sheet pan.
2. Place in fridge for 15 minutes.
3. Pull your ganache and white chocolate covered macadamia nuts from the fridge.
4. Wearing rubber gloves, Press your finger into the center of the ganache to make a cavity.
5. Insert a macadamia nut in the ganache cavity. Mold the ganache around the nut and cover the entire thing. Roll between your hands to make a tight even and smooth ball (like rolling Italian meatballs) and place it on parchment paper/silicone covered sheet pan.
6. Repeat the above step (step 5) until all nuts are enrobed in ganache. Return to refrigerator until last step.
Double dip in milk chocolate:
1. Pull the ganache covered macadamia nuts out of the fridge.
2. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt milk chocolate non-sugar chips for 1 minute.
3. Stir until smooth (microwave additionally in 20 second intervals if not fully melted)
4. Once your chocolate is warm and loose it’s time for the first “light” layer. Put on your gloves for this step.
5. The first layer will be a thin-light layer. Place a scoop of chocolate into your gloved hand. Grab a truffle with your other hand and roll it between your hands making surer to cover every part of the ganache.
6. Place the truffle on to a covered sheet pan and repeat until all truffles have had their first coat. (If the chocolate begins to cool and stiffen return to microwave for a quick 20 seconds as many times as needed to get it warm and loose again. I usually keep a heat gun on my workbench when I work with chocolate to keep it nice and loose)
7. Return truffles to refrigerator for 15-20 minutes.
8. Time for the show layer!
9. Warm up your chocolate to make it loose and workable.
10. Grab your truffles from the fridge.
11. Using a fork drop a truffle into the bowl of chocolate, roll it in the chocolate making sure it is nicely covered and gently lift it with the fork allowing excess chocolate to drop back into the bowl.
12. Gently place truffle on a covered sheet pan. Feel free to use your gloved finger to fix any fork marks or imperfections on your truffle. (I like a little edge and character on my truffles but that’s up to you)
13. Finish the rest of the truffles and return to fridge for 30-60 minutes and you are ready to serve.
Keto Reese’s Cup (Chocolate&Peanut Butter) Mousse
Makes 6 Servings:
1 1/2 cup Heavy cream
8 oz. Cream Cheese (room temp)
1 cup Powdered Swerve (non sugar sweetener)
1/3 cup Peanut Butter (no sugar)
2 tbsp Organic Cocoa Powder
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1. Add heavy cream and cream cheese to bowl and mix with electric hand held blender until stiff peaks.
2. Add coca powder, Swerve, and vanilla extract, mix well.
3. In a separate bowl mix 1 cup of heavy cream mix with peanut butter. Mix until we’ll blended. (To lighten)
4. Combine peanut butter mix and heavy cream mix.�(Fold gently until well blended)
5. Scoop into a piping bag and pipe into your choice of dessert dish.
6. Can be served or chilled for later.
* Chopped macadamia nuts
* Cacao nibs
* Chopped dark chocolate
Leave a Comment