Mexican Casserole Rounds
If Mexican food always sounds like a good idea in your house the way it does in ours, then this ultimate Mexican Casserole is a must for your meal plan this week! It combines pantry staples with fresh ingredients for that rich, cheesy Southwest sensation that we never seem to stop craving.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add enough olive oil to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Once the oil is hot, add the ground beef and cook until browned, breaking it up into small pieces.
- Add the onion, red bell pepper, garlic, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper to the skillet and cook for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, chopped cilantro, eggs, almond flour, and baking powder.
- Add the beef mixture to the bowl and mix everything together until well combined.
- Scoop the mixture onto a greased muffin tin and flatten the tops.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve hot and enjoy your Mexican Keto Casserole Rounds!
Note: You can also add some sliced jalapeños on top for a spicy kick.
Leave a Comment