KETO PRETZEL BITES WITH CHEESE SAUCE
These soft Keto Pretzel Bites with Cheese Sauce are the perfect low carb appetizer! Enjoy 8 bites with cheese dip for less than 5 net carbs!
- yield: 80 PRETZEL BITES (10 SERVINGS)
- prep time: 15 MINUTES
- cook time: 12 MINUTES
- total time: 27 MINUTES
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white, beaten until it triples in volume
For the Topping
- 1 large egg white
- 1 1/2 tablespoon sea salt or Everything seasoning for sprinkling on top
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup good quality shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Before you begin measure and prepare everything ahead of time, you must work the dough while the cheese is hot, so it is time sensitive.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Melt the shredded mozzarella and cream cheese in a micorwave safe bowl in 30 second increments until completely melted. Stir until smooth.
- In a second bowl combine the almond flour, cocont flour and baking powder, stirring well.
- Combine the melted cheese with the flour mixture. Stir the dough and work the flour into the cheese as well as you can.
- Next, add the whole egg and the beaten egg, stir the mixture until a soft dough forms. Then, using your hands knead the dough until you are satisfied that the egg, flour and cheese is all worked in the dough together. Make sure there are no streaks of eggs, you want it to be completely combined.
- Separate the dough into two sections, roll into a long thin rope. Use a knife to cut into small 1 inch pieces. (I had 80 small pretzel bites total)
- Brush the bites with the egg white and sprinkle the seasoning of choice on top.
- Bake 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
For the Cheese Sauce
- In a small sauce pan, melt the butter over medium low heat.
- When the butter has melted stir in the heavy cream and the shredded cheddar cheese, stir until smooth and warmed through. Serve immediately.
Nutrition information is calculated below, the recipe makes approximately 80 bagel bites total.
YIELD: 10 SERVING SIZE: 8 pretzel bites dipped in cheddar cheese sauce
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 235TOTAL FAT: 12.1gCHOLESTEROL: 47.9mgSODIUM: 1330mgCARBOHYDRATES: 6gNET CARBOHYDRATES: 4.7gFIBER: 1.3gSUGAR: 1.5gPROTEIN: 14.2g
Leave a Comment