Keto Mushroom Fries
Finger sustenance. It very well may be a dubious one to supplant when you begin eating low carb. You have visitors coming and you need to put something scrumptious and crunchy out on the table that can be plunged into a pot of yumminess while they appreciate a beverage and a snicker.
7 Day Ketogenic Diet Meal Plan For Newbie-guide
Step aside potato chips, you have no spot here. These crumbed mushrooms are firm, delicious and soo moreish, particularly when joined with a rich Ranch plunge. I utilized Portobello mushrooms since I adore the huge cuts, however, any mushroom will do. Simply ensure that your cut is a decent thickness.
This serves six liberal servings, yet you could make it a course and serve four in the event that you needed? Well, next time. Appreciate!
Nutritional values (per serving): Total carbs: 10.8 g, Fiber: 5.3 g, Net carbs: 5.5 g,
Protein: 13.5 g, Fat: 16.4 g, Calories: 230 kcal,
Ingredients (makes 6 servings)
8 Portobello mushrooms, stems and gills removed (672 g/ 1.5 lb)
2 large eggs
1 cup almond flour (100 g/ 3.5 oz)
1/4 cup flaxseed meal (38 g/ 1.3 oz)
3/4 cup grated Parmesan (68 g/ 2.4 oz)
1 tbsp smoked paprika
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp sea salt or pink Himalayan salt
Optionally, serve with Keto Ranch Dressing
- Pre-heat oven to 220 °C/ 425 °F. Line a large oven tray with baking paper. Slice the mushrooms into thick slices (approx. 1/4 inch/ 1/2 cm)
- Beat the eggs in one bowl and add all of the dry ingredients into another.
- Place the mushroom slices, one at a time in the egg bath and then dredge through the dry coating. Make sure each slice is well coated. Place on the oven tray and continue until all slices are coated.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until browned and crispy, turning over halfway through. Hint: You can give them a mist of olive oil spray to help the crisping process.
- Let cool on rack and serve with ranch dipping sauce.
Leave a Comment