Green Chicken Enchilada Soup
Tangy and rich, this green chicken enchilada soup will remind you of your favorite dish from your favorite Mexican restaurant. Sour cream is stirred into the soup before serving, and Monterey Jack cheese may be added on top for even more creamy goodness. If you like a little heat, be sure to choose hot green chilies, and add some extra jalapeño slices to your bowl. We like this with crunchy corn tortilla chips and a green salad.
Prep Time: 25 mins
Cook Time: 6 hrs
Total Time: 6 hrs 25 mins
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 (11-ounce) can fiesta corn
- 1 (14 1/2 -ounce) can low-sodium chicken stock or broth
- 2 (15-ounce) cans green enchilada sauce
- 6 to 8 tomatillos, hulled and chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 small zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 small yellow squash, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
- sliced jalapenos (optional)
- corn tortilla chips (optional)
- lime slices (optional)
- BLACK CAKE (CARIBBEAN RUM SOAKED FRUIT CAKE)
- Keto Chocolate Frosty
- Keto Oreo Chaffle
- KETO CHEESEBURGER CASSEROLE
- Strawberry Smoothie Bowl For Weight Loss
Place chicken breasts in the bottom of the slow cooker and add corn, chicken stock or broth, enchilada sauce, tomatillos,
chopped green chilies, chopped onion, bay leaves, garlic, ground cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper.
Cover and cook on Low for 3 hours.
Add chopped cilantro, zucchini, and yellow squash; cover and cook an additional 3 hours on Low.
Transfer chicken to a cutting board and shred the meat with two forks. Return chicken to the cooker and stir. When ready to serve, remove bay leaves and stir in sour cream.
Top each bowl with 2 tablespoons shredded Monterey Jack cheese, and serve with corn tortilla chips, if desired. Sliced jalapeños
and lime slices may also be added, if you like.
Per serving: 383 calories; total fat 17g; saturated fat 7g; cholesterol 102mg; sodium 1048mg; total carbohydrate 25g; dietary
fiber 5g; total sugars 10g; protein 35g; vitamin c 63mg; calcium 193mg; iron 3mg; potassium 967mg