When a sweet craving hits, you’ll have this chocolate mousse ready in no time. No need to pre-whip the heavy cream – just throw everything into a bowl and mix! Use any keto-friendly granular sweetener that measures like sugar. I prefer the powdered version of Swerve®, since it dissolves better. Adjust cocoa powder and sweetener amounts to suit your tastes. This is quite rich, so you don’t need a lot to feel satisfied.
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup powdered zero-calorie sweetener (such as Swerve®)
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 pinch salt
- Place cream cheese in a large bowl and beat using an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Turn mixer to low speed and slowly add heavy cream and vanilla extract. Add sweetener, cocoa powder and salt, mixing until well incorporated. Turn mixer to high, and mix until light and fluffy, 1 to 2 minutes more. Serve immediately, or refrigerate for later.
You can pulse granular sweetener in a blender or food processor to achieve a powdered consistency.
Use different flavored extracts for variety.
373 calories; protein 5.4g 11% DV; carbohydrates 6.9g 2% DV; fat 37.6g 58% DV; cholesterol 128.3mg 43% DV; sodium 227.2mg 9% DV. Full Nutrition