Chili Rellenos Casserole
This chili relleno casserole is very easy to prepare and is loaded with flavor. It’s great for a busy weeknight and good enough for company.
Prep Time:15 mins
Cook Time:45 mins
Total Time:1 hr
Yield:1 9×13-inch casserole
- cooking spray
- 2 (7 ounce) cans whole green chile peppers, drained
- 8 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces Longhorn or Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ cup milk (Optional)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Evenly layer 1 can chile peppers in the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with 1/2 of the Jack and Cheddar cheeses, then cover with remaining chile peppers.
- Mix together eggs, evaporated milk, and flour in a bowl; add 1/2 cup milk to thin to desired consistency. Pour over chiles.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes. Pour tomato sauce evenly over the top; continue baking for 15 more minutes.
- Turn broiler on. Sprinkle top with remaining Jack and Cheddar cheeses. Place under the broiler until cheese is melted, 2 to 3 minutes.
You can use enchilada sauce in place of tomato sauce.
Nutrition Facts (per serving)
|Servings Per Recipe 6|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 28g||35%|
|Saturated Fat 17g||84%|
|Total Carbohydrate 12g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||5%|
|Total Sugars 7g|
|Vitamin C 48mg||238%|