Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
A healthy version of Chicken Cordon Bleu with layers of chicken, ham, and swiss cheese in a creamy dijon sauce.
7 Day Ketogenic Diet Meal Plan For Newbie-guide
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Total Time: 45 mins
- 6 cups shredded cooked chicken (from about 2 lb chicken)
- 6 oz ham cut into bite size pieces
- 4 oz butter melted
- 6 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp white wine (optional)
- 1 oz lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 5 oz swiss cheese
Preheat the oven to 350. Put the chicken in the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish. Layer the pieces of ham on top.
In a large bowl with an electric mixer combine the melted butter, softened cream cheese, white wine (if using), mustard, lemon juice, and salt. Blend until a thick sauce forms. Spread this sauce over the chicken and ham in the baking dish.
Lay the slices of swiss cheese on top of the sauce. Bake for 30-40 minutes until hot.
I broiled it for 2 minutes at the end so the cheese would get more golden and bubbly. If you decided to do that do not leave it unattended. It’s very easy to burn the cheese topping.
Make sure to check out the video of this recipe right about the recipe card!
- If you have a bottle of dry white wine open it adds a nice flavor. But I wouldn’t open a new bottle just for this recipe. Unless you are planning on having a glass while you cook.
- If your shredded chicken is on the dry side you may want to double the amount of sauce or add in ¼ cup of chicken broth and mix the sauce into the shredded chicken before adding the toppings.
- You can use chicken tenderloins instead of shredded chicken. Just cook, drain the cooking liquid, and then proceed with the rest of the recipe.
7 Day Ketogenic Diet Meal Plan a Beginners Guide
Calories: 452 | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 34g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Cholesterol: 164mg | Sodium: 916mg | Potassium: 348mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 820IU | Vitamin C: 1.4mg | Calcium: 179mg | Iron: 0.8mg
Leave a Comment