Air Fryer Cheese Scones
These air fryer cheese scones are fluffy on the inside and crispy on the outside, and they only take less than 10 minutes to make, including prep time. Serve them with some butter and jam for a delicious breakfast or afternoon snack.
PREP TIME: 3 minutes
COOK TIME: 6 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 6 minutes
- Air Fryer
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- Pinch of salt, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp seasoning of choice. I used garlic powder, italian seasoning and ranch seasoning blend.
- 2 Tbsp minced chives (optional)
- 2 TBS Bacon crumbles (optional)
- The first thing you need to do is preheat your air fryer to 375 degrees F (190 C) or oven to 400 degrees F.
- Then, in a large bowl, mix together 1 cup of flour, 2 teaspoons of baking powder, ½ teaspoon of seasoning of choice, and garlic powder. I used Italian seasoning and Ranch seasoning blend.
- Stir in 2 cups of grated cheddar cheese and then add ½ cup of milk. Add milk in small amounts at a time, to ensure the mix is not too watery. Mix everything together until it forms a soft dough. Be careful not to overmix the dough or your scones will be tough.
- Next, on a lightly floured surface, knead the dough gently for 10-15 seconds. Then use a biscuit cutter (or a glass) to cut out round shapes from the dough. Or using your hands, form a patty of a round shape you like, about ¾ inch thick.
- Air fry: Place the rounds directly on air fryer basket (or tray) ensuring they are not touching each other. Spritz each scone with oil spray. Air fry 3 minutes per side, or until they’re golden brown.
- The air fryer gives the scones a crispy exterior, while the cheese stays melty and gooey on the inside.
- Bake in the oven: Place the rounds on an ungreased baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes or until they’re golden brown.
- Serve warm with butter and jam (or your favorite toppings). Enjoy!
Height. If you would like really tall scones like you see in magazines, then double the ingredients and then double the thickness of the dough as you add the scones to the air fryer. Then add 3 extra minutes of cook time.
Calories: 219kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 19mg | Sodium: 65mg | Potassium: 53mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 225IU | Calcium: 19mg | Iron: 1mg
Nutrition Info Please Note: Nutrition values are our best estimate based on the software we use at Recipe This and are meant as a guide. If you rely on them for your diet, use your preferred nutrition calculator.
Leave a Comment