Air Fryer Cheese on Toast is a super fast 5 minute recipe with cheesy deliciousness! Add some cherry tomatoes and dried herbs to take it to the next level!
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 3 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Servings: 2
- Calories: 196kcal
- 2 slices bread Note 1
- ½ cup grated cheese Note 2
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes Note 3
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano Note 4
- spray oil Note 5
Place bread into the basket or tray of the Air Fryer
Spray with cooking oil
Sprinkle enough cheese on top cover the bread
Add chopped cherry tomatoes
Sprinkle dried oregano on top of the cherry tomatoes
Close the Air Fryer and cook for 3 mins, until cheese is melted and lightly golden brown
- Note 1 You can use your favourite bread for this recipe. Rye and sourdoughs are my favourite!
- Note 2 You can also use your favourite cheese. A bold cheese like cheddar works well!
- Note 3 If you want to use a larger tomato (ie roma tomatoes), cut and use 1-3 slices per piece of toast
- Note 4 Dried oregano, Italian herbs or thyme are all good flavour combinations with the cheese and tomato
- Note 5 The spray oil is optional, however, I find it makes the bread very crispy and firm so I do recommend using it!
Calories: 196kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 30mg | Sodium: 325mg | Potassium: 160mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 466IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 246mg | Iron: 1mg
Leave a Comment