Keto Salted Caramel & Chocolate Fat Bombs
The low carb, high-fat lifestyle of Keto has taken the health and fitness world by storm over the last few years. There are many things that make it easy to stick to the Keto diet. Those who follow it often report that they love: the satisfying healthy fats, noticeable weight loss, and sustained energy that they get to enjoy with this way of eating.
However, as the autumn and the holidays grow nearer, following the Keto diet might make you feel like you are missing out on some of the treats of fall. This time of year, sweets reign supreme. More often than not, they are decked out in warm, autumn spices and covered in chocolate.
If you follow a low carb lifestyle, but want to enjoy some autumnal sweet treats, too, you will love this recipe for Salted Caramel and Chocolate Fat Bombs! This gorgeous, low carb treat will indulge your sweet tooth, provide some delicious fall flavors, and meet your macros… all at the same time!
- 1/4 cup of Butter
- 1/4 cup of Heavy Cream
- 1 tablespoon of Erythritol Sugar (Swerve)
- Pinch of Kosher Salt
For Cream Cheese Mixture:
- 1 pkg. 8oz Cream Cheese (softened)
- 1 stick Butter (softened)
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla
- 1/4 cup of Erythritol or Swerve Sugar
- 3 tablespoons of Coconut Oil
- Candy Molds
- Sugar Free Dark Chocolate
- Kosher Salt
- To make the caramel, place your 1/4 a cup of butter in a sauce pan on high heat. Melt it down and cook until golden brown.
- Add in your heavy cream, cook at medium heat and let simmer for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add in your sugar and salt.
- Cook until substance turns golden brown and sticky.
- Place into a blender and blend on high until caramel forms, and set aside.
- Beat your cream cheese with a mixer until fluffy.
- Add in butter, vanilla, swerve, homemade caramel, and coconut oil.
- Mix until well blended.
- Press mixture firmly into candy molds.
- Place in freezer for one hour.
- Pop out of molds.
- Melt chocolate down and drizzle over fat bombs, sprinkle with salt before chocolate hardens.
- Freeze again for 10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
These will melt at room temperature, so store them in the freezer!