keto lemon pound cake with cream cheese
I’ve been discovering various keto-friendly desserts, and I have to be honest — as a former cane sugar eater, keto desserts absolutely do it for me. This keto lemon pound cake with cream cheese frosting is no exception. Super moist, delicious, lemony…it hits all the proper notes. My biggest fear with keto desserts (prior to tasting them) was that they’d have an “off” taste, like chemically or something. I haven’t discovered that at all!
Although I had a crazy sweet-tooth prior to the keto lifestyle, I find myself craving saltier snacks more than sweet snacks. Honestly, I didn’t think that would be the case. Because I remember baking cookies for the sheer fat ass hell of it, or out of boredom. I would also make cinnamon rolls for no reason other than “I was craving it“. So now, whenever I do get a sweet craving, this lemon pound cake just does it for me. And with so few net carbs, we don’t feel at all bad about eating it within a matter of days.
FOR THE LEMON POUND CAKE:
- 1/2 cup (8 tablespoons) butter, softened
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup PLUS 2 tablespoons Swerve granulated sweetener
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Zest from one lemon
- 2 cups blanched almond flour (I used Kirkland Blanched Almond Flour)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons aluminum-free baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pink Himalayan sea salt
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- 1 cup Swerve powdered sweetener (plus more if needed)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 1–2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- tiny pinch of pink Himalayan sea salt, to taste
Coat a loaf pan with nonstick baking spray, layer with two sheets of parchment paper, then spray it again. Two sheets of parchment can help prevent the cake from browning too quickly before it’s done baking — especially if using a Pyrex loaf pan.
To make the cake:
- Preheat oven two 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, add the almond flour, baking powder, and salt. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, beat the softened butter, cream cheese, lemon zest, and sweetener with an electric hand mixer until smooth and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add the room temperature eggs to a small bowl of measuring cup, along with the lemon and vanilla extract. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, making sure they’re thoroughly combined. At this point, both extracts are also in the mixture.
- Pour the wet mixture into the almond flour mixture, then gently fold with a rubber spatula to gently mix. Once no huge pockets of almond flour remain, use your electric hand mixer to combine until smooth.
- Spoon the batter into your prepared loaf pan, and bake for 45-55 minutes. Depending on the size of your loaf pan, it may take up to 10-15 minutes longer, so check for doneness around the 50 minute mark to be safe. Simply insert a toothpick in the center to see if it comes out clean.
- When the cake is done, remove it from the oven and allow it to cool completely.
TO MAKE THE FROSTING:
- In a medium-sized bowl, gently whisk or beat the butter and cream cheese together until thoroughly combined. Add the Swerve powdered sweetener, and whisk or beat until completely smooth. Add the vanilla extract, lemon juice, and 1 tablespoon of the heavy cream. Continue to whisk until smooth.
- Taste and adjust the consistency as needed, adding more sweetener if needed, or more heavy cream.
- Add a tiny pinch of pink Himalayan sea salt to help bring out the flavors.
- Spread onto the cooled cake.
- Serve alone, or with berries and sugar-free whipped cream!
If anyone wants more Delicious Keto and Low Carb Recipe so Join My New Group Here you can get best and new Recipes>>>Keto Club Recipes