Keto Cheese Wrap
- 6.3 ounces of Pre Shredded Cheese or 1 1/2 cups
- Start by gathering everything that you need.
- Weigh out 30 grams of your preferred pre-shredded cheese in a microwave-safe bowl. Using a scale is important for consistency in microwave timing, and for calculating the macros. However, it is not necessary if you do not have one. 30 grams of cheese is approximately 1/4 of a cup of shredded cheese.
- Microwave the cheese for 10 seconds. Remove from the microwave and stir.
- Microwave for 10 more seconds. Form the cheese into a ball and place on a sheet of parchment paper.
- Place another sheet of parchment paper on top, and allow the cheese to cool slightly to the touch.
- Once the cheese cools for approximately 15-30 seconds use your hands, or a flat surface like a plate to press the ball of cheese into a larger circle.
- Roll out the melted cheese to a circle using your roller.
- When the cheese wrap in nice and thin, meaning the thickness of a tortilla you are done.
- Cut parchment paper to fit inside a gallon size Ziploc. Separate the cheese wraps with parchment paper and store it in the fridge.
The shredded cheese that you use will affect how oily the cheese is once melted. I have only made this recipe using Kirkland pre-shredded mozzarella and parmesan. I will also be testing out this recipe with cheddar, gouda, pepper jack, and a Mexican cheese blend.
Shredding the cheese yourself is also a great way to save money, but it may not melt the same. Or it is possible that once melted the cheese will be oily. If this happens to you, stir the melted cheese until it comes back together. Then place the melted cheese on the parchment paper, and follow the remaining instructions. Just something to be aware of,
Please let me know what cheese you use, and how it turns out so that we can all learn from each other.
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 90TOTAL FAT: 6gTRANS FAT: 0gCARBOHYDRATES: 1gNET CARBOHYDRATES: 1gFIBER: 0gSUGAR: 0gPROTEIN: 8g